Menu
Yangtze River Cruise
Jun 24, 2005 05:57
  • CAROLC
My husband and I are planning a trip to China in mid Sept.2005 and would like to go on a yangtze river cruise. Can anyone give us advise as to whether we could buy a cruise on a non chinese vessel once over there and what would be the best starting point-upstream or downstream from Wuhan or Chongqing??
What is there of interest in Wuhan or Chongqing to see? Any ideas on hotels or apt.rentals and cost? What is the weather like in Wuhan or Chongqing in mid Sept?Any help would be appreciated.
Jun 25, 2005 14:27
  • GAZ07
By "non-chinese" i take it you mean you don't want a local passenger ferry. I attempted a Yangzi cruise from Wuhan to Chongqing with failure. There were no local ferries going upstream from Wuhan. Not sure about a tourist cruise though.

Most people i've spoken to set out from Chongqing downstream.

Wuhan Provincial Museum is one of the most famous in the country. Yellow Crane Tower is also a main attraction (although i thought it was overrated). And the colonial architecture downtown is pretty.
Jul 6, 2005 16:19
  • CATHERINE
The most classicla route should be the downstream cruise from Chongqing to Yichang. And from Yichang to Wuhan part, there is nothing to see.
Jul 8, 2005 00:23
  • JABAROOTOO
There are plenty of cruises for 'foreigners' but you pay a lot more for them obviously as the standard is much better. Foreign ships can offer sailing from Wuhan or Shanghai to Chongqing and VV. Having said that a two berth cabin on a 'Chinese" ship is very comfortable with private bathroom. Not sure about meals though. Good value for money and can be booked once you arrive in China. Should be less than Y1000 PP. They are usually only available between Yichang and CQ. Also recommend a trip down stream from Chongqing stopping for a side trip on the Lessor Three Gorges. If you have the time a trip to Shennong Jia National Park Hubei is good value. I'm hoping to visit in August and can give some more feedback then.
Jul 8, 2005 00:40
  • JABAROOTOO
I live in Chongqing and there is plenty to see and do here both in and around the Chongqing city. Depends how long you plan on spending here. Most people pass through without ever experiencing what it has to offer 'cos it's first impressions that count. Let me know and I can give a few ideas that you won"t get from too many guide books.
Post a Reply to: Yangtze River Cruise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code