Menu
Online banking with Chinese Banks
Aug 31, 2016 10:54
  • GRIZ326
Hi, old-timers here. I haven't hung out here for almost eight years. The missus and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary yesterday. We're getting old and I'm getting fat

My wife is returning to China in a few weeks to visit with her father. I encouraged her to visit him while he is alive because he is almost 90 now.

While she's there, she hopes to set up online banking with her bank in Guangxi. The bank uses USB thumb drives for banking security.

She will need a new computer to use whatever it is that the bank gives her. Does anyone know if bank security systems work with Apple IoS, Chromebook, or Android operating systems; or are we stuck with using Windows?

I'd rather buy Lao Po a Mac than a PC even though Macs cost more because she knows how to use it.

Guidance appreciated.

Good to see the forum is still up and running.
Hope to return to China again soon.
Aug 31, 2016 20:05
GUEST40882 Hi Griz, as far as I know, only CMB (China Merchant Bank) and ICBC (Industrial and Commercial Bank of China) can support ios system. So if your wife use a bank card from these two banks, you may use the Mac. Or you can install a virtual machine with Windows system on the Mac. Hope it helps.
Aug 31, 2016 22:28
  • OKAYMICHAEL
Hi

Bank of China (BOC)
and agricultural bank of china(ABC) are the most covienet online bank.
hotline for BOC is 95566 and 95599 for ABC.

I used both of them ,they are running very good by mobile and computer, but i am not sure if they support ios system. you or your wife may call the bank hotline for detailes.They have English Lauange service as well.
Enjoy ~
Sep 20, 2016 08:56
  • GRIZ326
Thank you for the help. We decided on a Windows computer.
Sep 21, 2016 19:36
  • OKAYMICHAEL
Yes, i use the computer is Windows. :)
Post a Reply to: Online banking with Chinese Banks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code