Menu
cruise up Yangzie
Jun 27, 2005 13:24
We hope to cruise up the Yangzie from Yichang to Chongqing in December (around the 6th). I have been told that we would be able to get a cruise in December but cannot find any information - not much available about travel on Yangzie from Dec to march.

Would we be able to find cruise ship - it does not have to be luxury cruise ship but would like clean cabin with own bathroom.

I would like to find out how often they sail in December and the cost.

Also, so that we can plan the next stage of our trip how long does it take from Yichang to Chongqing.

Any information about the cruises available in December would be appreciated.

I will be travelling with my Husband and 9 year old daughter.

many thanks
Jun 27, 2005 14:28
  • CATHERINE
Be adviced that there will be no ship sailing from late December till early next March due to the low water level.So Demcember is not a favorable time for cruising the Yangtze, but you can also find some ship sailing in early Dec.

Btw, what's your budget? I'd like to know this so that i can suggest you some options.
Jun 28, 2005 12:31
Catherine

we have budgeted around Y2,500 each person for the cruise. we are not looking for a luxury cruise.

Do you know how many days we need to allow, I assume it takes longer in low water?

Do you know if we can book cruise in advance or do we book when we arrive in Yichang?

Finally, do they provide heating on the ships as I imagine it will be very cold in December.

many thanks
Jun 28, 2005 14:38
  • CATHERINE
For your budget of 2500 yuan per person, you may have many choices among the four star cruise ships, such as Yangtze Princess, Yangtze Pearl, Oriental Emperor, Victoria and so on.

Tour length will depend on the destinations. If you travel down stream from Chongqing to Yichang, it will be 4 days, one more day to Wuhan.Contrariwise, for the upstream cruise, will be one day longer than the down stream.

Though it is not difficult to book the ticket upon arrival, i'd like to suggest you arrange everything beforehand so that you can enjoy your trip more leisurely.

For most decent ships they do offer heating on the ship.
Jul 8, 2005 00:36
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
You can get a two birth cabin with bathroom on a Chinese ship for less than Y1000pp. Try and sail downstream with a side trip at the Lessor Three Gorges. To my knowledge most boat do the Chonqing to Yichang in two to three days. While winter water levels are lower the water level shouldn't be too much of a problem these days except the last gorge, as the other two have already been flooded to three quarters of the expected back up when the dam is finally completed. Check online with the scheduled departure dates for any company and make your bookings as soon as you arrive in China. What to see and do at each end depands on how much time you have and it will be cold here then.
Jul 10, 2005 18:27
I have read that children are not allowed on the chinese ships.

does anyone know if the is correct?. We are travelling with our 9year old daughter.

Also, how long should we allow in Yichang and Chongqing for sightseeing.

Also, I am finding it difficult to find timetables of ships sailing in December, we were hoping to know dates of departure from Yichang so we can plan around these. does anyone know web site that I could find information (in english)
thanks

Jul 17, 2005 23:40
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello,
Try this website www.yangtzerivertour.com
and check the tab Yangtse River Fleet.

I found a boat 'Regal China' with a sailing schedule thru December from Wuhan to Chongqing. You may be able to get on/off at Yichang if that is important and there are berths on board. There may be more boats to choose from than this. I didn't look furthur and this may not suit your budget but it's a place to start.

Good luck
Jul 21, 2005 17:19
  • RITA
You might find the it available in the published cruise sailing date, but it is not very stable in December. Sometimes they cancel for inefficient bookings.
Post a Reply to: cruise up Yangzie
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code