Menu
Travel from Hong Kong Airport to Central Station
Sep 20, 2016 09:55
guestKevin Hi All, I intend to fly in HK and take the Airport train/MTR from the Airport to Shaukiwan by purchasing the Octopus card. Could you guide me through step by step the journey including the Exits and ticketing etc? I imagine I will be purchasing the Octopus card from the Airport and 'tap on' the card and board the Airport Express line towards the Hong Kong station. When I arrive the Hong Kong Station, do I need to 'tap off' from that station? Which exit do I head to in order to get to the Central station where I can board the MTR trains towards the Island Line? Do I need to 'tap on' again to enter the Central Station? With the accompanying bulk luggage I will be carrying, any facilities to assist the transit on and off the train or during the transit between stations? Your detailed advice would be much appreciated.
Kevin.
Sep 20, 2016 21:07
GUESTBRYANT First of all, upon landing, you can easily find a round ticket counter that sells Octopus Card and AE Tickets. You can buy it and take the Airport Express to HK Station, Exit C first.
Then you need to get out of the station and walk to Central Station, Exit B to take MTR Island Line to Shau Kei Wan Station directly. Yes, you need to tap on again when enter the Central Station. The whole trip takes around 65 mins. And the ticket fare is around 100 HKD per person.
In addition, the distance between HK Station and Central Station is not far. You can just walk.
Post a Reply to: Travel from Hong Kong Airport to Central Station
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code