Menu
Possibly Complicated Visa Question
Oct 16, 2016 12:20
  • NEWTRAVELER
Hello all, I have a visa question that may get a bit complicated so I'd love your opinion please. I understand how visa works, the 72hrs to Bejing and the 145hrs to Shanghai. But here is my situation:
- I'm traveling around Asia in November 2016. My exit point from Asia is China, Beijing. Originally I wanted to fly from Taiwan to Beijing on the 3 day visa which is very simple. But now we were advised to visit beautiful China longer than 3 days. Problem is It's too late to apply for visa. This is when I found the 145 days visa free to Shanghai.

My question is: Can I go from Taiwan to Shanghai for 6 days and then Shanghai to Beijign for another 3 days? Or Maybe Taiwan to Shanghai for 3 days and continue to Beijign for another 3 days?
I am also open to travel by train from Shanghai to Beijing.
My exit point is Beijing as we already got the plane ticket back to North America. I'd be traveling with Canadian Passport.

- My other idea was to go to Shanghai from Taiwan for the 6 days. Then leave China to go to Vietnam. Then back to China, Beijing from Vietnam. Any advice on how to extend my 3 day visa free stay in China would be greatly appreciated. I'd switch countries or cities if there is a better route too.
Thank you very much!
Last edited by NEWTRAVELER: Oct 16, 2016 12:29
Post a Reply to: Possibly Complicated Visa Question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code