Menu
Shanghai Air Arrival/Cruise Depart - Qualify for 144-hr Visa Free?
Oct 19, 2016 17:23
  • NGUYEVL
I'm booked on a Celebrity Millennium cruise departing Shanghai(Wusong terminal) on Jan 26,2017. I'm scheduled to arrive by ANA airline from Houston to Shanghai Pudong (3-hr layover in Tokyo) on Jan 21, 2017. My stay in Shanghai would be 5 days (120 hours) and I plan to travel within Shanghai and the permitted nearby provinces (i.e. Jiangsu). The Celebrity cruise's first port of entry is Nagasaki, Japan after departing Shanghai. I'm a US citizen.

Based on my above itinerary which is Houston-Air-Shanghai-Cruise-Japan, I believe I'm qualified for the 144-hour visa free rule. Can anyone think of any reason that I will not be qualified? Has anyone been successful in using the 144-hr visa free for combined air/cruise travel in Shanghai? How do I ensure my airline (ANA) would allow me use this 144-hr visa exemption?

Thank you for any advice/tips on this
Oct 20, 2016 01:01
GUEST40882 I don't agree with u, because I think the 3-hour layover in Tokyo may make you ineligible. Your travel route seems to be: US - Tokyo - Shanghai - Nagasaki
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Air Arrival/Cruise Depart - Qualify for 144-hr Visa Free?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code