Menu
Criminal Record Check for Z visa - which country?!
Nov 2, 2016 01:12
guestNewlaowhy Hi all,

I have been offered a job teaching in China and am sorting out the documents necessary for the Employment Permit to then move on with my Z visa application.

I am having some issues, however, with the requirement for a Criminal Record Check. I am a UK citizen but am currently based in Asia, and over the past five years have lived in two other countries. I haven't lived or been employed in the UK since 2012, although all my family is still there and so I have a postal address.

When I am asked for a criminal record check, my initial assumption was that this would be for the UK, but this is quite difficult for me as all the agencies I have consulted seem to need proof of UK address, in the form of a bank statement or utility bill, but of course, I don't have anything like that. Finally, I have found an agency that is telling me they can do it without this proof of address, so it looks possible. But now I am concerned that they will be wanting a record check from one of the other countries I have lived in? Someone told me that it needs to be for the country you have lived in during the past year.

Essentially I am pretty lost on this issue, and it sucks seeing as I have everything else in place, I just can't work out how to prove that I've never committed a crime!! Of course, I've emailed my employer for help with this, but am yet to receive a response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nov 2, 2016 04:49
GUESTALICE In my opinion, you should get the criminal record in the countries you recently live in instead of the UK because you left it a long time ago.
Nov 8, 2016 07:07
  • STANSIRELAND
I am looking at ACRO , for a proper background check , although employers are saying they will accept a handwritten form from police officer. I dont think that will really pass and I dont want to be refused visa. So I will pay £60 for piece of paper .
I dont know if that helps , I am keen go for jobs , but shall wait 2 weeks before I can go apply for visa
Post a Reply to: Criminal Record Check for Z visa - which country?!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code