Bhutan and Tibet.
Nov 4, 2016 23:46
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Sep 15, 2009
  • Status: offline
We husband & wife of 67 years old and Australian citizens would like to visit Bhutan & perhaps Tibet. Our questions are :

1. From which city in China ( Kunming, Chengdu or others ) should we fly to Thimpu, Bhutan?
2. How long should we stay in Bhutan?
3. After Bhutan we want to go to Tibet, which in my understanding we should fly from Chengdu and get a Military Visa etc.
4. How long should we stay in Tibet?
5. Any other suggestions?

Thank you fellow travellers, very much appreciated.
Nov 5, 2016 01:08
GUEST40882 1. There is no direct flight between China and Bhutan. You need to make a transfer at Bangkok in Thailand, New Delhi in India or Katmandu in Nepal.
2. Usually 3-7 days are OK, depending on your itinerary.
3. Many cities in the country have flights to Tibet but the flight from Chengdu is the cheapest. Not military visa, but a Tibet Travel Permit and you can only get it with the assistance of a travel agency, which means you need to join a tour group to enter Tibet.
4. 3 days if you only visit Lhasa and 5 or more if going to other places, too.
Nov 5, 2016 21:11
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Sep 15, 2009
  • Status: Offline
Dear Guest 40882,

Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated.
Post a Reply to: Bhutan and Tibet.
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code