Menu
Z visa, In China or Outside China
Nov 8, 2016 07:18
  • STANSIRELAND
I have had a job offer, the company I believed would represent me , has said I can go to China on Tourist Visa , then Apply for work visa with employers help. My gut reaction is no way, I am not entering China under false pretences, that I am going for work.
I doubt that this is way things are supposed to be done, so I am backing away from that job. Any Input would be greatly appreciated
Nov 10, 2016 01:19
GUESTBRIAN Actually I would say a yes to you, because you can come to China on a tourist L visa and then convert it to a Z visa with your company's help. But what you need to be aware is that you cannot definitely work with an L visa and you had better not lie in the visa application process. Otherwise, you may meet troubles.
Dec 2, 2016 23:30
GUEST67118 whats the process for converting it from a travelers visa to a Z visa without a teaching certificate or work experience?
my company would like to offer a Z Visa to a pontential teacher but he does not have the 2 years of official experience and he has not completed the TESOL/TEFL certication course. He is in China currently.

He meets all the other requirements (age, native English Speaker, university graduate, HSK level 5). What can we do? And does he need to leave the China to process the Z visa?
Dec 3, 2016 00:20
GUEST40882 As long as the employer can get the work permit and invitation letter of a duly authorized unit for the employee, the employee have a great chance to convert the L visa to work Z type in China. But I’m afraid it is difficult to get work permit and the invitation if the employee doesn’t have relevant certificate and work experience. Just give it a try!
The employee should first prepare all the required documents: passport, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, work permit and invitation letter of a duly authorized unit. Next, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to change the L visa to Z type. If it can be done, the employee doesn’t need to leave China for Z visa application.
Dec 7, 2016 21:17
GUEST24470 Has anyone converted a dependent Z visa to a work visa in China , if yes what are the options and procedures ?
Post a Reply to: Z visa, In China or Outside China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code