If Visa is approved, How will HK Immigration send the visa?
Jan 10, 2017 02:15
guest56144 If the visa is approved, Do the HK Immigration send the visa to foreign countries?

How/Who will pay the postal fees?

Obviously, I don't mind paying the International postal fees but I cannot able to send the cash/cheque with the documents and they don't accept it either.

The application fees will be paid to the Chinese Embassy (For HK as well) upon receiving all the documents. And they will send the documents to HK Immigration, then after 4-6 weeks, they will decide whether to approve or not.

So, if the visa is approved, How will they send the visa to foreign country when there will be international postal fees? Also by which courier?

What if I don't receive the visa or the visa gets lost. I will have to show the visa at the airport.

Can't the HK Immigration department send email to the applicant about the visa has been approved and that the visa has been sent. And in case if the visa is not received in time. I can able to print their email and show it at the airport and then also at the HK Airport and the HK Airport Department will check in their system and they can stamp the visa in my passport on my arrival.

So it'd be better if the HK Immigration Department also send the approval visa confirmation email to the applicant (Just in case the visa is not received in time) and can be valid at both Airports at Departure and Arrival.

Jan 10, 2017 19:04
GUESTBRUCE Yes, if you apply for HK visa by post, after your visa is approved, the HK Immigration will send the visa to you. It’s you who should pay the postal fees. You can put a cashier order or a bank draft for the postal fees and visa fee together with other application documents. The cashier order or bank draft should be issued by a bank which has a connected bank in the HKSAR and made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region".
I’m not sure whether the HK Immigration will send you an email as well, but you can track the processing status by calling (852) 3160 8663.
Jan 11, 2017 07:55
GUESTGUESTGOOD Thanks, I am applying through Chinese embassy in UK, I'm not a British Citizen.

I will be submitting all documents and paying application fees at Chinese Embassy.

So, Do I have to put cashier order or bank draft in order to pay the international postal fees if the visa is approved?

But what amount should I put on bank draft? More importantly, will HK Immigration accept the the cashier order/bank draft/cheque? In the guidance, it says they will not accept any cheque or cash.

These things has not been mentioned in their site. Called Chinese Embassy and was told to contact HK, then wrote to HK Immigration, still never got proper reply. Just the Guidance. But there is not such detail in the guidance.

Jan 11, 2017 19:15
GUESTBRUCE Well, since you will apply through the Chinese embassy in UK, the process is more easier. You just need to pay extra 15 pounds to the embassy as the postal fee. You can simply pay by swiping your bank card.
Post a Reply to: If Visa is approved, How will HK Immigration send the visa?
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code