Menu
72 hour Visa free Transit - eligiblity? conditions?
Jan 12, 2017 20:58
guestGuest Asil Hello I would like to know of i am eligible for the "72 hour Visa free transit"

I am Flying from Australia to Canada and the flight stops at Guangzhou for 24 hours.
On my return From Canada to Australia, I have to stop at Guangzhou for another 24 hours.

What i want to find out is:

1. Does the "72 hour visa free transit" just apply one way, for example, i am flying from AUS to CAD stop at Guangzhou under 72hours (free), then on my return back from CAN to AUS stop at Guangzhou under 72hours (free).

OR

2. Total stop over time for the entire round trip cannot exceed 72 hours. Example, from AUS to CAN, then return from CAN back to AUS, TOTAL stop overtime cannot exceed 72 hours.

3. Also, who do i have to notify if i am eligible for "72 hour Visa free transit"? Can i just tell the Air personnel upon CHECK IN at the airport desk to note it in the computer? or is there a specific procedure i need to follow.

3. What documents do i have to provide?

4. Do i still need an invitation letter from a friend or family in China?

5. Can i still leave the airport and venture out into the city?

If someone can help clarify that would be much help.

Thankyou
Jan 13, 2017 19:07
GUEST40882 1. No, the 72 hour visa-free transit can be used in both directions as long as you meet the requirements. Based on what you said, you are able to use the free transit in Guangzhou in both directions.
2. You just need to make sure that one-way layover time in Guangzhou is not more than 72 hours. For example, you can travel like Australia –Guangzhou (72 hours)-Canada- Guangzhou (72 hours)-Australia.
3. You need to inform the airlines staffs at check-in that you want to use the free transit in Guangzhou. It is a simple procedure.
4. You need to provide your passport, and the onward air ticket with confirmed seat.
5. The invitation letter is not necessary.
6. You are able to leave the airport and venture out into the city.
Jan 17, 2017 16:44
GUEST65183 Thankyou for your help! Much Appreciated!
Post a Reply to: 72 hour Visa free Transit - eligiblity? conditions?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code