Menu
24 hour transit still applies in Xiamen?
Feb 15, 2017 12:19
guest78254 Hello,

I have a 2 hour layover in Xiamen on the way Amsterdam - Taipei. I'm traveling with a Turkish passport. As far as I can read on different websites, I can travel under the 24 hour visa-free transit policy. However, on the website of Xiamen airlines there is only a mention of the 72-hour visa-free transit, which is not valid for Turkish passport holders.

I have called Xiamen Airlines, the Chinese visa centre in Netherlands, and Xiamen Immigration itself to ask about this, but no one can confirm that the 24 hour policy applies. They all say "We are not sure if you can get in with a Turkish passport". I am now in doubt whether the airline will even allow me to board since their website only mentions the 72 hour policy.

Is there anyone who can advise me on this? Would be very much appreciated!
Feb 15, 2017 19:55
GUEST40882 Sorry, the 24-hour direct visa-free transit is not applicable to you because you have a Turkish passport. So you need to apply for a transit visa in advance.
Feb 16, 2017 02:01
GUEST20252 Doesn't the 24 hour policy apply to almost all nationalities? I haven't read anywhere that it excludes Turkish citizens. Anyone who can confirm?
Post a Reply to: 24 hour transit still applies in Xiamen?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code