Menu
What is a Humanitarian Stay Visa?
Mar 8, 2017 08:02
  • LAODING
I'm on a Z visa and in the process of switching schools and provinces (Henan to Guangdong). My RP expires 6/30 and my new contract begins 8/1. My FAO says I need sort of temporary visa, and she recommended a Humanitarian Stay. She also said I need to my Foreign Experts Certificate cancelled BY June (I guess that means the end of April). I'm not sure why this is. I also need a letter of release. All this is to keep from having to return to the U.S. (my home country) to start from scratch. I imagine then that my Z visa would be preserved.
I don't understand why I need to cancel my F.E.C. and why I can't just get a one-month extension on my R.P.
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LAODING: Mar 8, 2017 08:04
Mar 8, 2017 20:25
GUEST40882 Laoding, as you mentioned that you were in the process of switching schools, I assume that you have a new employer, right? If yes, you need to cancel your FEC because it was obtained via your old employer. You can then ask for a humanitarial stay for a month. During this month, you need to get a new FEC from your new employer and then renew your residence permit.
Mar 8, 2017 20:35
  • LAODING
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST40882 View Post

Laoding, as you mentioned that you were in the process of switching schools, I assume that you have a new employer, right? If yes, you need to cancel your FEC because it was obtained via your old employer. You can then ask for a humanitarial stay for a month. During this month, you need to get a new FEC from your new employer and then renew your re...

Thank you! Yes, I am switching schools and I have a one month gap. I understand the need to cancel my FEC but I don't know why my new school wants to me to cancel prior to June. Won't that make me ineligible to teach at my current school in June (my contract ends June 30, but my new FAO wants me to cancel it before June 1).

I guess I cannot get an extension unless my work permit were also extended.

What will happen to me if they refuse me a humanitarian stay? I'll have to start the whole process anew?
Post a Reply to: What is a Humanitarian Stay Visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code