Menu
Any good place for expatriate students?
Apr 13, 2004 17:05
  • NANA

I would like to know where is recommended place for all our expat students to visit in Chongqing. Preferably within an hour or less travel distance from Jiangbei District. Our students age from 4 - 13 years old.
Apr 13, 2004 17:07
  • GARD
As a matter of fact, one hour is a little bit short if one wants to have a really good visit of Chongqing City. However, I highly recommed you all to the Dazu Grottos,163 kilometres away from Chongqing. It is a good place for you to learn a little about Chinese history and also grotto art. I believe that you will be surprised by those vivid and lifelike carvings.
Dec 13, 2005 21:47
  • VERONA
Yes you can go to Yew Chung International School. And if you want to know more information, please write to me at cq.ycef.com|virginiay
Dec 14, 2005 02:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Nana,
A little depends on what interests they have. Do they live in Chongqing or are you all visiting?

Geleshan is a large area of parklands and historical interest in Shapingba district.

Siqikou is another area of Old CQ which is certainly worth taking the kids if you haven't been there before.

Nanping you have the French Naval Barracks and lots of the Hot Springs Park, the Golden Eagle

What about the Safari Park and Bamboo sea in Yongchuan. Again another day trip as it's more than an hour from Jiangbei to the west.

Beibei district has North hot springs, Jinyuan mountain, Golden Knife gorge and an old village on the way to the gorge which is worth a stop to visit. Two day trips here

Hechuan's Fishing village and the old town of Laitan are also worth a visit with easy access from Jiangbei. A good day trip

Some of the more interesting places to visit are at least 90mins or more travel from Jiangbei district and would have to be considered a day trip or even a weekend.

Places like Wansheng's Stone forest and Black Mountain valley.

Refer my tips ands travel reviews on Chongqing. there is also a very useful travel guide available form most Xinhua bookstores, the Airport for Y35 and well worth the money.
If you'd like more info just sontact me and I'll see what else I can help you with. I ccertainly don't know all there is to see but I've visited most of these and some more than once.

Dec 14, 2005 02:57
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,folks,

This thread was started from last year,and maybe nana has done it:-)
Post a Reply to: Any good place for expatriate students?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code