Is a TEFL certificate now REQUIRED by law to teach on Z visa?
Mar 16, 2017 23:50
  • Points: 21
  • Join Date: Aug 5, 2015
  • Status: offline
I am in China now teaching at a university. I have taught TEFL in Japan and China for the last 25 years and have never been motivated to get any of the 'TEFL' certificates.
I'm trying to make a move from Henan to Guangdong, and I've read that the Z visa now requires a TEFL certificate.
If that is actually true, what is the fastest/easiest/cheapest route that would still be bonafide. Also, in switching schools, it seems that I do not have to leave the country. So won't I technically be keeping my Z visa.
If nothing else, Chinese immigration is mighty confusing.
Mar 17, 2017 20:32
GUEST05527 TEFL certificate is needed if you want to teach English in China. You can find an agency to help you get the certificate.
You don’t need to leave China if you want to switch school in China. You can cancel your foreign expert certificate (FEC) first, and then the new school will get you a new FEC; after, you can apply for a new work Z visa at the exit and entry administration of the local public security bureau.
Mar 18, 2017 19:55
GUESTLAODONG Thank you. How do I find an agency and what is the minimum TEFL certificate I would need? Would an online 60 hour certificate work? (I've been teaching TEFL for 25 years.
Post a Reply to: Is a TEFL certificate now REQUIRED by law to teach on Z visa?
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code