Menu
Chinese transit visa 144hours.
Mar 30, 2017 03:56
guestBeny Hi!

I will fly Bangkok-Shanghai and then back: Shanghai- Macau(transit)- Bangkok..
Does that count as a 3rd country or do I need to apply for a visa?

Mar 30, 2017 04:48
GUEST04154 Yes, Macau counts as a 3rd region, so you don't need to apply for the visa.
Mar 30, 2017 05:00
GUESTGUESTBENY I mean, im still flying Bangkok-Shanghai-Bangkok, but with just a short transit in Macau when im going home. No need like Bangkok-Shanghai-Tokyo-Bangkok?
Mar 30, 2017 21:05
GUEST40882 Dear, you do qualify for the 144 hour visa-free transit in Shanghai if you travel like Bangkok-Shanghai-Macau-Bangkok even though you just make a short transit in Macau. No visa will be needed then. You don’t need to travel like Bangkok-Shanghai-Tokyo-Bangkok either.
Jan 20, 2018 09:30
GUEST51243 We are coming to China on a cruise ship from South Korea to Tianjin, then back to S.Korea before ending the cruise at Shanghai.

I have read that a visa free policy applies if you are travelling to a third country within 144 hours
We have confirmed tickets for the onward cruise to Shanghai (via S. Korea), and for our flights back to the UK ……all within within the 144 hours.

My 2-questions are:-
1) Will we be able to get 144 hour Free Transit visas at both Tianjin and Shanghai ??
2) Do we collect Transit visas at the Cruise terminal Immigration when we get off the ship ??

Hope someone can help !
Liz
Post a Reply to: Chinese transit visa 144hours.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code