Menu
Which train station?????
Apr 2, 2017 10:48
  • DONS
I am planning a trip in June and have hotels booked in many cities. I know it will be a hot and busy time of year (mid June to the end of July) but we timed the trip so some dear friends can join us after they graduate university.

I want to order the tickets as soon as they go on sale so we can all ride together. We will visit Shanghai, Hangzhou, Beijing, Taiyuan, Xi'an, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Changsha and back to Shanghai.

My wife and I will be together from Shanghai to Hangzhou (I speak very little Chinese) and an English speaking friend will be with us the rest of the trip.

All trips will be on fast trains with a mix of first and second class seats depending on the length of the trip.

Now that I have the courage to plan the rest of our trip, I have started planning train tickets. I can purchase them on this site with favorable fees and delivery rates.

HOWEVER, many cities have several train stations listed but no map or suggestions on which I should use.

Where can I find the information I need to select the train stations nearest my departure and arrival hotels? Is it necessary to do so?

Apr 3, 2017 04:43
GUEST40882 Maybe you can use GoogleMap for help. As a common sense, the train station with a name "City + Direction (South, East, West, North) is usually a high speed train station, while those without the direction is a normal railway station. When you buy the ticket, you can confirm this with the tour operator.
Apr 3, 2017 11:03
GUEST16101 I saw train stations near my hotel on Hotels.com but they did not say what train service was available.

This helps a lot.

Thank you very much.
Post a Reply to: Which train station?????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code