Menu
Marriage Registration/Affidavit of Marital Status
Apr 6, 2017 19:15
guest75172 Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows some details about the affidavit of marital status. I'm currently in the US and my fiancé is in China. I'm in the process of getting my work visa to be in China starting this summer. I've done some research about the procedures of marrying as an foreigner to a Chinese person in China.

My question is, what are the pros and cons of getting my Affidavit of Marital Status while I'm in the US? From what I understood from multiple sources (including the US Embassy in China website), I can apply for this at an embassy in China for an affordable price and relatively quick. Whereas I've seen that if I try and get one while I'm in the US, it is a whole ordeal and pretty expensive in comparison.

Any input?

Thanks!
Sep 23, 2018 03:09
GUESTNANZ Hello,
I want to know, did you got married?
Can you help me with few questions, since I'm planning to get married as well in china.
Jan 9, 2019 19:10
GUEST42196 I NEED SOME HELP, I AM INDIAN LIVING IN UK AND HAVING INDEFINITE STATUS IN UK. NOW MY GIRLFRIEND LIVES IN CHINA AND WE HAVE DECIDED TO GET MARRY BUT AS PER CHINA RULES I MUST PROVIDE CERTIFICATE OF IMPEDIMENT OR SINGLE MARITAL STATUS UNFORTUNATELY UK COUNCIL CAN NOT PROVIDE ME AS NOT OBTAIN UK PASSPORT SO WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS TO GET MARRY WITH CHINESE CITIZEN IN CHINA.
Post a Reply to: Marriage Registration/Affidavit of Marital Status
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code