Should airlines overbook flights?
Apr 12, 2017 21:08
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 35 vote(s)
  2. 149 vote(s)
  3. 48 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Recently, an overbooking problem of the United Airlines sparked outrage of netizens on social media. In a video, we can see that an Asian man was removed from his seat on a plane of the Unite Airlines forcibly, with blood on his forehead and mouth. According to the witnesses, the man was a doctor who had an appointment with his patient on the following day. The United Airlines overbooked flight to bet some passengers would miss the flight. However, this time, all passengers arrived in time, and no one was willing to change the flight even the airline offered favorable compensation. At last, the airline selected four passengers randomly including the Asian doctor and his wife. So the accident in the video happened.

Seasoned travelers all know that airlines usually oversell seats to gain the maximum profit. It seems understandable, however, if you are the one selected to change the flight, how will you feel? Should airlines overbook flights? If I’m not in a hurry, I can accept that; but I will be very angry if I am urged to leave when I have to take a flight. Anyway, the airlines should not treat passengers in a forceful way.
Apr 20, 2017 11:53
GUEST22749 no!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Reply to: Should airlines overbook flights?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code