Menu
China
Apr 13, 2004 17:10
  • HANADA2
Hi, there. I have a few questions about China.

1. Is the city of Chongqing a big, modern, popular city in China, kind of like Nagoya is to Japan, or Los Angeles to the United States.

2. What do most Chinese people call China? I heard it was Zhonggguo, but I just wanted to make sure.

3. What is the main, mostly practiced religion in China, kind of like Shinto Buddhism to Japan, or Roman Catholisicm (sp?) to Italy. Which one is practiced the most, and is the most popular?
Apr 13, 2004 17:11
  • AIKO2
1. Chongqing is not very big in area, but really big in population. it got a nick name, "small Hong Kong".

2. The Chinese people call China, Zhonggguo, that's right.

3. the mostly practiced religion in China should be Buddhism
Apr 14, 2004 16:46
  • YAZOO
actually, concerning the last topic : the answer, according to my experience, should be : none. Most Chinese are not very religious, although many of them have some superstitious believes. But from those who are religious, yes, probably buddhist.
Apr 15, 2004 17:57
  • QIPIAN
I do know of some Catholics.
Apr 15, 2004 23:29
  • YAZOO
Yes, there are a lot of catholics too, especially in the cities where there were a lot of europeans last century.
And of course don't forget all the muslims who are mainly in the northwest, but you can find them everywhere in the country.
I am quite sure that almost every religion is presented in China.
Apr 16, 2004 08:55
  • DAISY
Most Chinese are Buddhist, especially the senior people in the south of China, such as Fujian, Guangdong, Hong Kong and Taiwan, etc.
Post a Reply to: China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code