Menu
Tips for travel and living in Shanghai
Jul 8, 2005 12:15
  • JOYBABY
Hi all,
I am going to work in Shanghai soon as my friends recommended. However at the same time, I would like to have a look this city and look for some tips for travel and living in Shanghai. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Jul 14, 2005 17:08
  • CHRISTINAJIN
Shopping: Xiang Yang Road Market and People's Sqare's underground Market. things that are sold at both markets are affordable. But you have to haggle.

Nightclubs/bars: Maoming Road (North),Huashan Rd, Hengshan Rd....

The Bund: having a walk along the Bund in the evening is a must.

Map of Shanghai: you can get a bilingual map of Shanghai (Chinese and English) at Xinhua Bookstore.there is one outlet of Xinhua Bookstore on East Nanjing Rd.It costs about 15 yuan.

After staying in Shanghai for a while,you might feel that almost everywhere you go is packed.. To escape from the crowds/noises, you can go to the Century Park. there is a large open space there. Going there occassionally helps to refresh your minds and relax your body.

Aug 6, 2005 17:39
  • GANZHONGQIN
hi,i live in shanghai, i want to make a foreign friend, i am 21 years old, pretty girl. I am very esay going and friendly. How about you?
If you think it nice to have a local friend in shanghai, plz contact me
Here is my email:
163.com|xiaoxun_922
hotmail.com|babysmile_sugar is also ok
Nov 9, 2005 07:03
  • JSPOOR
This site lists about 30 clubs in Shanghai: http://www.worldclubber.com/city.php?city=shanghai
Nov 13, 2005 19:34
  • MAOSREDARMY
JoyBaby,

Welcome to the greatest city in the world! If you need any help finding out places to eat, may I suggest:

www.shanghai-eats.com

-Mao
Post a Reply to: Tips for travel and living in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code