Menu
Shanghai and friends
Jul 11, 2005 23:33
  • ABBY
I'm planning to visit Shanghai in Sept 05 for about 8-10 days. Can anyone advise what other provinces nearby Shanghai I should also visit? Maybe 2-3 other places. There're many travel agencies offering many different places in different packages. I'm trying to get best combinations. The list are: Hangzhou, Suzhou, Xitang, Zhouzhuang, Nanjing, Wuxi, Wuzhen, Tong Li, Mt. Huangshan.

I prefer natural scenery as compared to historical sites.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jul 12, 2005 10:43
  • CATHERINE
Mt. Huangshan, Wuzhen, Tongli and Xitang are highly recommended!

Mt. Huangshan is definitely worth your visit. For the water towns, though the beaten track is Zhouzhuang, the town is now too commercial to travel.
Jul 13, 2005 13:36
  • DAMAQUE
To my opinion, 8-10 days for so many cities is to haste. You'd better select 1-2 destinations.
Aug 6, 2005 17:45
  • GANZHONGQIN
hangzhou is a ideal place to go, coz the city hangzhou is really in different style compared to shanghai
Aug 7, 2005 22:12
  • HARVEYRI
Xitang,Zhouzhuang,Wuzhen,Tong Li, the four town has same view, suggest you to one of them, i 've hone all of them , Zhouzhuang is too commercial to travel,Xitang or Wuzheng is better. Huangshan is good but too far from shanghai ,you can go there by train or air. then Suzhou and Hangzhou are recommended! i like Hangzhou best ,Xihu lake , Lingyin temple is ideal places.it only 2 hours from Shanghai to Hangzhou by double decker train.
and if you have some trouble ,contact me,maybe i can help you.
vip.sina.com|harveyri
Aug 8, 2005 14:37
  • CONNY129
I recommend Wuxi city ,very very beautiful !
Post a Reply to: Shanghai and friends
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code