Menu
Information on Beihai
Jul 14, 2005 14:14
  • KYLE
Hello,

I am currently investigating the city of Beihai. Is there anyone who has information regarding this city. I am interesting in knowing what this city has to offer. Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Kyle
Jul 15, 2005 09:47
  • MERMAID
Silver Beach(yin tan)

Pearls

Seafood

The least polluted air

Easy access to Vietnam
Jul 15, 2005 15:58
  • RITA
Mermaid has listed almost all, here I would like to name a few others:

Subtropical fruits
Shell carving
Bamboo craftwork
Firecrackers
etc.
Jul 15, 2005 16:50
  • MERMAID
horn carving, to add one more.
Jul 16, 2005 16:32
  • KYLE
Thanks for the info,
How about the people? The langauge is Mandrin right? What about living standards, I knwo you said the air is clean, how about the streets? Is there a good nightlife? As a foreinger would it be a good place to live?

Thanks a lot
Jul 23, 2005 01:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
You don't seem to be getting the answers you're after. Just one question. Are you thinking you might like to work there or just hang out on holiday? Take a look on the internet and travel guide books(also online) for a bit more relevent information. As you can see it's a beautiful place and from all accounts attracts a lot of tourist but I have heard from locals that it is much quieter than similar locations like Hainan. With only a population of roughly 600.000 it may not offer all you are looking for. And the ex-pat populaton may be small and transient at best. Why not take a holiday first and see for yourself. It looks like a beautiful and quiet place to live but may be too quiet if you are looking for the 'nightlife'. Have you considered Xiamen or Zhuhai or somewhere on Hainan? All pretty nice, laid back and offering more "nightlife"
Jan 27, 2007 06:50
  • URALEX
Hello. Thank you very much for this information, especially for nice pictures, that I have found here.
I would like to continue this topic, asking more questions.
I'm thinking to move thee and work as an ex-pat. and I'm really interesting to know about the social condition lifestyle and specially medicine in Beihai. I have a small daughter - 2.5 years old. Will it be suitable place for her to live?

Jan 28, 2007 22:53
  • JABAROOTOO
Beihai is a pleasant enough city and pretty clean by most standards. Only three hours by bus from Nanning if you need more services than it has to offer. It would be a great place to take kids.
Enjoy your stay there.
Post a Reply to: Information on Beihai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code