Menu
SHENZHEN 101
Jul 14, 2005 15:05
  • KEREN
It is my first time to travel to shenzhen... if i arrive at Hongkong Intl, what will be the most convenient ride that I could have going to Shenzhen? Around what range is the temperature there today? Can you also help me for travel tips there and good and affordable souvenir items that I could buy for my family and friends when I go back home here in Philippines as well as good tourist spots or maybe malls...
Jul 15, 2005 09:43
  • MERMAID
For souvenir, i would recommend Dong Men Market. Do not forget to bargain.

The weather is 28-35 but as there are many trees and grass with sea wind, it is not that hot.

You can go from Hong Kong airport by metro and enter Shenzhen from Luo Hu.

Luo Hu Commercial Center(Luo Hu Shang Ye Cheng) also has much to offer to visitors but it requires good bargaining skill.
Aug 11, 2005 22:00
OHHH!! If it's not too late:

The Metro is the WORST way to get from the airport to Shenzhen (sorry MERMAID!)

In the "A" area of the HK Airport arrival lobby there are several bus services that will take you directly to Huanggang crossing. From there local buses go to many of Shenzhen's destinations, and there is a clearly-marked taxi area. Still at HK Airport, if you specify a hotel, you can often get them to arrange a pick-up on the Shenzhen side of the border to take you there.

More expensive, and MUCH more convenient, you can take a ferry to Shekou from INSIDE the airport. It means you don't have to go through HK customs, just directly from the airport to SZ. This is best if you plan to go to Shekou, as it's a long way from the center of town.

MERMAID'S suggestion works best if you are comfortable with trains, you don't have a lot of luggage, and you're heading for the east end of SZ (Luohu area). But the hassle of changing trains at least 3 times (with luggage?) makes this a poor bet. The bus is easier!

Good luck! Write to me at gmail.com|laughingbuddhasz or call 136 5231 9985 when you get here, and my Filipina gf and I will do what we can to help you out. BUT I'll be in THE PHILIPPINES from August 16-27, so if you're here at that time, I'll miss you!

James
www.thetempleguy.com/lb/ or www.thetempleguy.com/lifesize/ after Sept. 1, 2005
Post a Reply to: SHENZHEN 101
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code