Menu
Pretty Private Tour Guide in China
Jul 16, 2005 02:56
  • SCARLETT810
I am a well-traveled university student in Guangzhou ,china .I have extensive experience in independent travels throughout China and in Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore.). In addition to my travel experiences in China, I am fluent in English and Mandarin ,Cantonese .and have worked as a private translator for an French businessman,and an American Entrepreneur (references upon request). I can help with the following:1. Help with planning your trip in china.2. Help with transport, hotel, site seeing and any other arrangements that you require.3. Personal Translator and guide whether you are on a trip for pleasure or business.Best of all, I can provide the above with very competitive rates while helping you to save valuable time, money and headaches while you are in china.

Jul 16, 2005 23:40
  • GAZ07
How about you stop spamming the forum to advertise yourself over and over again.

Is that part of your service?
Jul 18, 2005 12:03
  • DAMAQUE
Xu........,Be kind!!!!!!!!!
Jul 18, 2005 16:21
  • DEALMAKER
I actually appreciate knowing about the opportunity to meet a tour guide. If you don't like what she says, ignore it.
Jul 19, 2005 16:26
  • GAZ07
I did ignore it the first half-dozen times...
Oct 1, 2005 21:06
  • RICHARDUS
If you want to make a trial with her service. you are STRONGLY SUGGESTED to be careful and careful. There is a BIG snare...
Oct 1, 2005 21:38
  • DAVIDMALAY
TOO BAD!!!

At first it was very good for communication via email and phone between us, It was not until meeting that I realized that I had been cheated.
TOO BAD!! I was cheated out of 320 dollars. I am contacting government organization of guangzhou to get back my expense, but it is hard to do it. You are strongly suggested to choose a normal company to use instead of personal individual.
Oct 1, 2005 22:15
  • ETHNICEAST
hi honey, you are only 19 and you are well travelled? either your family brings you along for oversea trips, i wonder how you as a student juggle your studies with so many previous travel to so many countries?
anyway, it is one thing to have travelled many places and another to be able to guide tourists. it is different trying to provide personal service and company service. you should clarify or foreigner consumers should be clear of this.
Not that all locals are cheats, some dont have license, some have but decide to do personal service instead of company service so that they can get more out of it. to survive and surpass others to get abit more, many chinese are super creative, finding ways to make more out of it.
i was trying to respond to a foreigner consumer that; it is not that i dont trust her recommendation or her opinion about a local chap service, but rather foreigners dont mind paying abit more and are used to the practise of paying all kinds of charges, this to the local, will call each other, "cheats".
anyway, let verify whoever and whatever is recommended. better is that those who have used a person or company service to share about their experience so that we can have a better idea and know how to decide.
pretty is everything, but it will sure seduce some of our naive young foreigners or old ones for that matter.
Oct 1, 2005 23:48
  • KABLOOMZ
lolz... good point...

a pity if its a scam... she's a lil cute lolz...

-K
Oct 3, 2005 04:09
  • CAROLYNE
Hey, Dont get conned by such tourist guides. One of the major problems that I faced while travelling in china is not knowing chinese. Asking directions or hailing a cab or ordering in a retsurant is a big pain. I tried this service called www.chinahelpline.com...you can call 021-6100-9700 from anywhere in china and get connected, they have wonderful staff who help u in giving orders to anyone in chinese. just tell them what you want to tell the driver or waiter in english and they will converse with the person in chinese and make them understand , its pretty cheap also compared to hiring interpreters or getting robbed or wasting time. I just loved it .
Oct 5, 2005 21:15
  • RITA
Hi DAVIDMALAY,
I believe you are not the 'first to eat the crab'.:)
Thanks for the warning.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Pretty Private Tour Guide in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code