Menu
Hong Kong to Guilin return trip
Jul 17, 2005 19:48
  • AVIHER
Hi,

I am planning a short visit to Guilin, return trip from Hong Kong during winter season.
Are 2 days there enough or you recommend additional day or two?
What are the "must" attractions to see there?
Any recommendation to visit Yangshuo too?

Thanks and regards,

Harvey
Jul 18, 2005 08:52
  • SPORTENNIS
Hi Harvey, I just returned from a trip to China and part of the trip involved travel to Guilin. I took a river cruise on the Li River that took most of the morning and is a "must see". We arrived at what I think was a Yangshou bazaar. Very lively. Fun shopping. You must see the Reed Flute cave which is awesome. You might want to link with a local guide. I'd say two days is enough.

Brent
Jul 20, 2005 10:06
  • RITA
Li River Cruise, Yangshuo and like SPORTENNIS said, Reed Flute Cave are must-see or experience things.

Remember to try Guilin Rice noodles. :)
Jul 21, 2005 12:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi, we terminated 5 week tour of China in Yangshuo last summer and it was a great place to relax for 4 days. While the Li river cruise is a great way to view the 'mountains' the boats are often very noisy as they push thier way up stream for more than half of the time. It's very flat apart from the abrupt peaks so you can hire a bike and ride out to another river on the other side of town turning off just before the bridge. Cycle along here as far as you feel like and then negotiate a bamboo raft downstream for you and your bicycle. We swam here and enjoyed this far more than the Li river. Quiet and the scenery is pretty much the same only you are closer too it. There are also a few peaks to 'bag' if you are into this. Two days. Long way to go for two days and you will not be seeing what there is on offer in Guilin proper. We didn't either. Enjoy it, it's a great spot
Jul 24, 2005 04:20
  • JEFFREYMAO
give yourself more days if you have enough spare time. 2 days will be leaving you in hurry tour.you need time to enjoy many must-see destinations ,not just go through it but enjoy it.
4 days is enough for you to enjoy it , i think.
Oct 4, 2009 16:59
  • TINDOMEREL
Does anyone know how to get to Guilin from Hong Kong, and back from Guilin to Shenzhen? I plan to go to China in May 2010, I think I will have 2-3 days for the trip to Guilin... I would be glad to hear from you!
Oct 9, 2009 21:23
  • ELLYSE
For Guilin -- Hong Kong, I believe the only direct way would be by flight, and this would be the most expensive option. If you want to go via overland transport, you'll have to transit in Shenzhen or Guangzhou.
For Guilin -- Shenzhen, flight, train and bus all possible.
Stay in Yangshuo instead of Guilin unless you just want to be in a Chinese tour group city. There're also direct buses from Yangshuo to Shenzhen/Guangzhou.
Look on http://www.yangers.com/How_to_get_to_Yangshuo.htm for more information.
Oct 11, 2009 13:22
  • TINDOMEREL
thx for the tips :) I thought about a flight from Hong Kong, but the yangers-site says it's much cheaper from Shenzhen. I think I'll try this way :)
Post a Reply to: Hong Kong to Guilin return trip
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code