Menu
144 hour transit two airports
May 4, 2017 05:41
guestTommy I just had to clear it up with others, I booked a flight with Air Asia X BKK Bangkok to HGH Hangzhou, and departing from PVG Shanghai Pudong to Moscow. I had five days schedule in China, and was eligible for the 144-hour visa free transit as EU-citizen. But upon check-in Air Asia refused me flying to China because the claimed the entry and departure point has to be same. Can you confirm is it true?

I didn't want a longer arguing with the staff so we agreed I could book a new departure BKK to PVG 10 hours later. The BKK-HGH ticket I just threw out. But I still feel Air Asia was wrong in that issue, can you confirm?

Quote from Travel China Guide, as I read it:
"Passengers are required to enter and leave from the eligible transit ports only, but the entry port and exit port do not have to be the same. For instance, one can land in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport but leave from Shenzhen Bao'an Airport, or one can take a cruise to Shanghai and then leave by air from Nanjing or Hangzhou."
May 5, 2017 04:45
GUEST40882 Yes, Air Asia was wrong. You should have been able to use the 144-hour visa-free transit.
Post a Reply to: 144 hour transit two airports
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code