Menu
Question regarding Work Visa and current employment
Jun 10, 2017 12:45
guestFrancesco Ursini Dear all,

I have been offered a job in a university in China, and I will need to be there by the first of September. I am currently in Sweden, but I am an Italian citizen.
I must notify my current employer (a Swedish university) that I will leave the job, but I know that for a tourist visa, I had to submit my work contract.
The question is:

should I also submit my contract when applying for a work visa? I will likely be unemployed, as I must resign at least one month in advance before leaving Sweden (i.e. if I leave on the 31 of August, I must finish terminate my contract by the 30 of July, but earlier would be better).

Would it be a problem if I would simply hand in my expired contract, IF they ask for it?

Thanks in advance for any replies and all the best,

Francesco
Jun 22, 2017 10:02
  • CECILIAWXY
well, i think you can directly apply to a tourist visa and let your new company provide the invitation letter, then when you arrive in China, you need to let your new university to help you to get the working visa. You dont really have to tell everything about your employment status if you just apply a tourist visa which is at least valid for 30 days?
Post a Reply to: Question regarding Work Visa and current employment
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code