Menu
4 days in Guilin/Yanghsuo
Jun 15, 2017 09:50
guest84619 I have 4 days to travel in Guilin/Yangshuo (yes unfortunately I cant add more). I am trying to figure out how to maximize my experience. I am someone who likes to be very active when I travel and dont mind running around for the sake of a great experience that would otherwise be missed due to time. I arrive in Guilin airport around 830 am and am trying to figure out what I should do. I have some ideas but am not sure how feasible it is logistically (as I am not sure when many of these excursions leave from Guilin or if I can just set them up as I go)

Option A: drop bags off and go to Longji rice terraces. Next day, take Li river (prob prefer bamboo raft to proper cruise ship) to Yanghsuo and enjoy the last couple days there

Option B: skip rice terraces and just take Li river cruise to Yangshuo the first day I arrive and spend my time in yangshuo

Option C: Skip Li river, take bus to Yangshuo and then do a river trip another day, maybe on a less busy area of the river such as the Yulong River.

Basically the questions are 1) are the rice terraces worth it to visit in June 2) should I do the Li river or is it becoming overrun and should I chose an alternative and 3) do these excursions leave at only specific hours of the day or throughout the day.

Thanks

Jon
Jun 23, 2017 16:59
GUEST90130 We visited Guilin and yangshou in April 2017.

- The rice terraces were dry. Still, taking the cable car to the top of the mountain is a must do activity.

- Li jiang is a must see, on a raft or a large ship. There is a tour that takes you around some 7 well known spots. I think they operate throughout the day.

- Yangshou is a small town, but West Street is a must see, where the main activities begin at 9 pm.

- Guiling famous mountains, which resemble camel's humps, provide a beautiful backdrop to the area visit. We thought that there were just a few of those mountains...no, there are thousands.
Post a Reply to: 4 days in Guilin/Yanghsuo
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code