Menu
China - 3 weeks in October
Jul 31, 2017 14:45
  • ZENZEN20
Heading for China in the next month of October with my girlfriend.
I arrive in Beijing from Lisbon on the 4th at 9:30am and leave on the 24th at 15:00.
After booking my flight I found out that I'm arriving on the Chinese Holiday Week! That´s going to be challenging!

Our ideia is to explore Beijing area, Guilin area and X'ian area.
I found out on the internet that is practically impossible to avoid the crowds (especially on the first week) and I can't change the flights now unfortunately.
So my ideia was to fly out from Beijing the next day.

We booked a flight to Guilin on the 5th at 12:30 arriving there at 15:30. I'm thinking on heading to Longji rice terraces directly from the airport and spend there 2/3 nights (finally some rest after the long trips of 3th and 5th). I know that the place must be full of tourists but we had no chance. I heard the terraces turn yellow before the harvest that begins in October. We hope to catch it on time.

From there maybe spend a night at the Chengyang to visit the Wind and Rain Bridge and the old town.
(Is it worth it? Any other option nearby?)

After that we'll head to Yangshou to visit the area ( whats the reasonable time to spend there?)
Suggestions are welcome for the Yangshou area
That's it from Guilin Area.

Heading to X'ian next. Probably by plane to save some precious time.
We really want to visit Mount Huashan and do some trekking over there (were not so experienced...).
My girlfriend was a little bit scared to watch videos from the plank walk! Is it safe?
What itinerary would you suggest in Huashan? (Sunrise and Sunset is a must do)
Where to spend the night?
Should I catch the cable car and do the trek between the peaks? The entire trek to the peaks seems to hard for us...

What about the city of X'ian?
To be honest the terracota army seems to us too much touristy. Going there just to see a pavillion full of them doesn't look that appealing for us.
I heard the food is amazing in X'ian!
How many days should I spend in the city? Should I go somewhere nearby? Any other suggestions?

From X'ian we go back to Beijing again to really explore the city.
Any suggestions here? Need some recommendations to visit the Great Wall with the least crowd possible.

Should I pick another place/area instead of X'ian?

Thanks for your help!
Post a Reply to: China - 3 weeks in October
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code