Menu
Chinese bride's family/hukou
Aug 14, 2017 07:49
guest25067 Hi. My 27 year old son wants to marry his 26 year old fiancée in China and eventually bring her to the UK to live. They have been together 3 years and are both university educated. However, his bride's family is now saying they can't get married unless he pays £12,000 bride price (which he doesn't have). They also say that they will not let her have access to the 'hukou' (family registration document) to register the marriage in her province. She is from Shandong but lives and works in Tianjin. My son is currently in the UK as he works here as a teacher. Does he have any options? Can the family block the marriage by withholding a document? Please help!
Aug 14, 2017 20:05
GUEST04154 In China, a Chinese citizen must show the Hukou book when registering marriage. If your son's girl friend does not have this, they can get married in China. Anyway, even if they can, they will violate the girl's parents by doing so and how can they get along with each other in the future? The best way is to negociate with the parents in a peaceful to solve this problem.
Oct 10, 2020 02:32
  • ROCKETBEAR
You sound nice, I would enjoy chatting with you. I'm a good looking guy seeking a fun, honest and pretty asian wife that likes to travel. Let me know if that is you. contact me here with a picture. gmail.com|20minrecharge

Post a Reply to: Chinese bride's family/hukou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code