Menu
Staying in China for 10 months -- possible?
Aug 28, 2017 08:40
guest06245 I am traveling to China this coming month, and I have an L visa which is valid for 90 days. With the maximum number of two 30-day extensions, I would be able to stay for altogether 150 days. My plans, though, were to stay in China for about 300 days (ten months). So it *appears* that this length of time won't be possible. However, I have known people who have actually stayed in China for about a year while doing an au pair or something similar. Does anyone know how this duration of stay is done? Is it possible to get more than two extensions after all? Could I stay in China for 10 months, and if so, how?
Aug 31, 2017 04:47
GUEST40882 You may get two extensions at most for each time you enter China. That means you may have to leave China after living for 5 months to reset the stay duration. But I'm not sure whether you will get the extension smoothly because if you extend the visa for many times, the officer may doubt your purpose.
Aug 31, 2017 04:55
GUEST02203 Thanks for your reply
Yes, I'm also thinking it might raise suspicions if I extend twice. Whether they allow it seems to depend a lot on the city. Have you tried extending in any particular city yourself? What was your experience?
Post a Reply to: Staying in China for 10 months -- possible?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code