Leaving China
Oct 9, 2017 05:54
guestKatie1 I'm leaving my job and need to cancel my residency. Two questions:

1) My employer told me it takes about 7 business days to process. Is there any way to expedite this?

2) Since I have resigned, my employer will not pay for the cancellation. How much does it cost?

Oct 12, 2017 01:03
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Nov 29, 2007
  • Status: Offline
There is almost no way to make the process faster.
The prices vary according to different nationalities. Normally it is 160RMB. For US citizens, it is 940RMB.

What's your further plan? Will you leave China?
If you want to continue to work in China, you'd better not cancel the work visa.
Oct 12, 2017 01:08
GUESTKATIE1 Odd, I actually submitted it for cancellation on Tuesday and my receipt says 160rmb even though I'm a US citizen, so good for me I guess.

I'm not planning on returning though, so no worries about cancelling it.

Also, in case anyone stumbles into this thread: the only way to expedite it is to have some kind of official proof of emergency (ie. A death certificate or a proof of somebody's hospitalization) which I didn't have.
Oct 23, 2017 03:42
GUEST85156 I am foreigner and looking job in china +86 13951876016
Post a Reply to: Leaving China
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code