Menu
Chinese VISA and serious mental disorder
Nov 16, 2017 11:52
guest07159 Good Day

I am hoping I can obtain some advice. My brother suffers from bipolar depressive disorder and is on serious medication. His depression is under control and he has been under the care of a psychiatrist for the past 10 years or so. His doctor even wrote him a recommendation saying that it is safe for him to travel and work abroad.

He has recently obtained his TEFL as well as his Bachelors in Education and was contacted by a Chinese recruiter to come and work in Beijing. As he is awaiting for his TEFL to be stamped and certified the recruiter has suggested that he travels on a tourist visa and has provided him with a letter.

However on the Chinese VISA application it asks whether he as a serious mental disorder. My question is, if he discloses the mental disorder

1. Is it likely that he will be declined a VISA? and
2. Should the VISA be approved how likely is it that he will be able to take perscription medication into the country (would be 6 months worth of medication)?
3. What is the likelyhood should he decide to stay in China for the long term of obtaining similar medication as we are unsure whether he will be able to obtain medical assistance with this.

Thank you.
Nov 27, 2017 23:29
  • BJLEEO
In China, big famous hospitals are always full of people. It takes you 2 hours to queue up for only 5 minutes treatment.
Of course, international private hospitals are different. But you need to pay more.

It is required that the employing company should pay the social insurance for the foreign employees. But many companies don't do it at all.
Post a Reply to: Chinese VISA and serious mental disorder
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code