Menu
Can I apply for a D Visa while I'm in China?
Nov 21, 2017 16:05
  • SASHKA
I'm from Serbia, and I don't need a visa for the first 30 days in China. I want to know whether I can apply for a D Visa within those 30 days - or do I HAVE TO apply for the D Visa in my own country first, even though it is exempt from the visa for 30 days?

I already have an employer and a contract, but I want to ask here first, just in case. :) i'm supposed to start in March.

Thank you in advance for answering!
Nov 21, 2017 19:13
GUEST40882 Dear, have you already got the permanent residency of China? If not, you can't apply for the D visa. As you mentioned you got a job there, I think you should apply for a Z visa instead and it's very possible that you will be required to go back to your country to deal with it.
Nov 22, 2017 03:49
  • SASHKA
I apologise for the incorrect info - I've just talked to my employer and this is what they said: I should apply for the L Visa for 60 days and bring certain documents that they specified with me. And then when I am in Guangzhou, they themselves will get me the working visa, so probably the Z visa.

All i can hope for is that this is valid, but I will check with a few friends who are in China already.

Thank you for responding!
Nov 27, 2017 23:47
  • BJLEEO
I think you mean Z work visa, don't you?
30 days is not enough to apply for a work visa. It takes some time.

To apply for a work visa, you need to provide Bachelor degree (or above), no-criminal record certificate, which are subject to notarization and accreditation and 2-year work expirence. You can prepare the documents right now.
Post a Reply to: Can I apply for a D Visa while I'm in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code