Menu
Kicking off to Kunming
Jul 29, 2005 14:15
  • KYLE
Hey there,

After a lot of deliberation and soooo much help from everyone on here I've decided to move to Kunming. I'm so excited to come but I still need some help. I want to look into how much it costs to rent an average apartment in the city. Also I am looking for some work. If anyone knows anything Id greatly appreciate any help
Talk to you soon
Kyle
Jul 30, 2005 00:12
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
Good decision, Kunming is great for your first port of call with lots of Ex-pats. Try WOCCA for info - he seems to know a lot about the place. What sort of work are you looking for? If it's teaching, sometimes easier to orgainise your teaching position before you come over as this more often than not comes with an apartment, etc. Just a lot easier until you are familiar with everthing. Good luck.
Jul 30, 2005 12:37
  • KYLE
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Now I am trying to get a job before I arrive. I have been in contact with quiet a few people from Kunming and it seems I have to go there to get a job. People say there is a lot of oppertunity, I hope they are right.
Anyways Kunming sounds really amazing so I can't wait to get there.

Kyle
Jul 30, 2005 15:10
  • ADAMADA
Hi there!
I also move to Kunming and I also need some help. I'm gonna study but I need a little job in order to survive. Do you know if there are some place for expats where to look for a job? I also need an appartment? Do you have any information about it? Thanks you!!!!!!!
Jul 30, 2005 20:03
  • KYLE
I have heard that "The Hump" is a good place to talk to foreingers about jobs. People also told me that there are cafes around "the hump" that have postings for teachers. Where do you plan on studying?
Jul 31, 2005 14:55
  • ADAMADA
At the Yunnan University on the first semester. After that, i don't know. I want to see the others options. Thank you for your advice.
Post a Reply to: Kicking off to Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code