Menu
Visa Rules for Cruise Passenger arriving Tianjin (Beijing)
Jan 18, 2018 09:06
guest51243 Can anyone confirm that it is possible to obtain a 72 hour or 144 hour Free Transit Visa at Tianjin Cruise Terminal ? We are UK passport holders.

We are in port for 2-nights(staying on ship) and we would like to go on tours to Great Wall. The cruise only visits 2 China Ports, so we don't want to purchase full tourist visas costing around £220 each if we only need Transit Visas.
I have failed to get any help from the cruise line or their agent for visa information........they just want to sell you a full visa !! British Goverment site tells you to check with China official sites, but they don't reply !!..............I'm finding it very difficult to get clarification.......Can anyone HELP please ?

I have seen reference on a few tour sites that Beijing airport and the Cruise Port comes under a new 144 hour visa free policy extension which started in December 2017. Beijing airports and cruise ports are listed.

But...........can anyone confirm that it is possible to get a Transit Visa when we get off the ship for local tours (Beijing area) ??

We are cruising on Celebrity Millennium from 18th March - 1st April 2018

Jan 19, 2018 23:07
GUEST19259 We were on queen mary 2 cruise last May entering Shanghai twice on different days unless you join tours from cruise then no need for China two entries visa. We worked our more or less same fees getting two entries visa or joining tours on the days in shanghai. We hold aussies passport and we are residents of Hong Kong with dual citizenship and we have return China ID card. We were told as it is international cruise must get China visa. We saw passengers who didn’t get China visa and didn’t join Cunard tours not allowed to leave ship.
Jan 30, 2018 17:01
GUEST51209 hello, I am checking the same thing. if you are doing a tour with ship excursion or official china tour, you don't need a visa. if you are thinking independent visit, you need a visa.
Post a Reply to: Visa Rules for Cruise Passenger arriving Tianjin (Beijing)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code