Menu
Using social media in China?
Feb 5, 2018 18:05
I’m going to China soon for a solo vacation. I was wondering if I could use my social media while in the country. I’ve heard from a friend who went to a romance tour in China that all their social media platforms were blocked. Is this actually true?

I’ll mainly be staying in Beijing, but I’d be spending some time in the province too. I don’t really mind if I can’t use my social media account, I just want to know if that’s really not allowed since I might be updating my friends and family of what I’m up to.

Most of the time I’ll be using Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram. I also have other messaging tools like Viber and WhatsApp. I just want to know what other apps or sites are blocked in China just so I can prepare alternatives in case I really need it. It would be really nice if you guys could give me answers. Thanks.
Feb 6, 2018 03:51
GUEST04864 Yes, many social media tools outside China will be blocked after you enter China unless you have access to a VPN. I advise you to contact your families through QQ or Wechat. They work well.
Oct 31, 2018 03:47
GUEST36247 hi guys - there is a new solution to all this - you can now get a USB device with a VPN already installed on it, with 3 years' validity!
Already tested and proven to work very well, and available for a moderate price - if anyone is interested, please get back to me here.
Nov 22, 2018 22:32
  • CHAICHAI
all have been blocked , you can use VPN to login in China ,skype still works here.
Post a Reply to: Using social media in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code