Menu
Too early to apply for Visa?
Feb 25, 2018 21:26
guestDon Hi there,
We are traveling in January 2019. We have our flights and hotel all booked. Itinerary set. We want to apply for our ten year visa next month as we have a 6 week period when we will not need our passports (no international trips scheduled). After that I travel internationally very 3-4 weeks so no good chance to mail in passports and have them out of my hands for a length of time needed to mail to the Chinese consulate.

I read some older websites saying don’t apply too early as your visa may expire before you go. Does it need to be validated within 90 days or so of issue? Or does the ten year visa we hope to get mean it is good for ten years - even if we don’t go till 9 months after it is issued. I hate the idea of not being without my passport as I use it a lot. So want to take advantage of this time I have soon to get the Chinese visa.

Thanks for any advice or help!!
Mar 17, 2018 23:01
GUEST90130 Every Chinese consulate can interpret the visa rules differently and the decision is pretty much final.
When you get a Chinese visa, that doesn't mean you have to enter China the next day, it just means you have to enter China before it expires.
Pay attention to the duration of each visit, usually 30-60 days...not 10 years.
The 10 year visa is good for 10 yrs. Just like a 1 year visa is good for 1 yr.
When you apply for a Chinese visa, they keep your passport for a few days, then you pick it up on the day they assign you. So you are going to be without your passport for just a few days.
Since the process of getting a visa by visiting a Chinese consulate is about a week or less, there is no need to apply now for a trip next year.

Hope this helps.
Post a Reply to: Too early to apply for Visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code