Menu
Question about a gesture
Apr 13, 2018 15:34
guest15107 Hello,

I post, because in my mind, gesture is part of a language and this section is about language. Sorry if this subject isn't in the right section ^^

Well, children in the school where I work say that raising the little finger is the same as our raised middle finger.
I found every possible answer, sometimes positive, other that said that it have another meaning or no meaning at all. And haven't found credible source (anthropology studies of chinese gesture or other), maybe because I don't know the right author ou keyword to enter in the scientific database.

During the time I try another keywords, my ideas was that in a forum with people who are passionate about China, some of them will have knowledge about chinese gesture, or knowing a Chinese people who can answer this question.

My point is not to learn obscene gesture to children. But if "raising the liitle finger = middle finger" is a myth, I think it is interesting to debunk it, and if it has another meaning, to learn it to them.

If someone know interesting and credible source for chinese gesture, I am interested.

Thank you for your attention :)
Post a Reply to: Question about a gesture
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code