Menu
What is the weather like in August-September?
Jul 30, 2005 18:16
  • YALCHIN
hi all. It is interesting for me to learn that is it cold or rainy in autumn in Beijing? We will be in Beijing with my friend from 15 august to 30 September.But we havent been in china before so what is the cost of the lunch in the restuarant for the person? where we can get information about using our mobil telephone? do you know what you can buy to eat with 30 yuan per day? i send my thanks to u before who will help me to find answer of these questions..
Jul 30, 2005 22:08
  • MOREORLESS
At that time of year I think your more likely to have trouble with the heat and the rainfall than the cold...

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/beijing.htm

I can't remember the exact cost of food but I wouldnt be supprized if it was possible to get by on 30 yuan a day if you eat in reasonabley modest places.
Jul 30, 2005 22:56
  • MISHEN
Eating can be quite expensive in Beijing, snacks on the street to serve as a poor man's meal can be difficult to find, especially in the tourist and commercial areas. A budget of 100 yuan a day for expenses is surprisingly easy to go over. 30 yuan is possible, but you have to be militantly tough on yourself.
You can get a SIM card easily, but they sell at a higher price for 'better' or 'luckier' numbers. Places that have cellphones in the window often sell them. I picked up a card for about 200 yuan with pay in advance deals, free minutes etc.
Post a Reply to: What is the weather like in August-September?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code