change student visa to tourist visa without leaving china
May 17, 2018 23:43
guest28142 Hi all,

I am currently in China studying university, my study/residence permit expires June 30. I asked the local PSB and they said cannot extend it because next semester I will not be studying in China. I want to stay in China until the end of August. Is there a way to change my study visa to a tourist visa so I can stay in china until end of august? Or is there actually a way to extend my study visa?

I am so confused some people say can do it others say cannot I also heard maybe can do it in HongKong?

Can someone who has experience please help me!!

May 22, 2018 00:56
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Nov 29, 2007
  • Status: Offline
Right before the expiration date, you can go to HK to apply for a China tourist visa.
And if it is not long enough, you can have it extended in China mainland.

Jun 7, 2018 07:26
  • Points:
  • Join Date: May 20, 2016
  • Status: Offline

Normally changing a Visa from one type to another is not working. The local authorities are not going to help you out in that case. What Bjleeo is offering is a way to work around the fact that you cannot extend your visa.

I agree that you should wait until the old visa is nearly expired, then travel to Hongkong or Macau or any other place and apply for a new visa, whatever documents you can arrange for another stay in China. Make sure to prepare all the required documents for your visa and then arrange to go to Hongkong and apply for a new Visa.
Post a Reply to: change student visa to tourist visa without leaving china
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code