Do I need a visa to travel to Kunming only to open a bank account?
Sep 21, 2018 01:17
guestSimon43 Hi, I'm a British teacher currently working in Myanmar (Burma). I also teach Chinese students 'online' via a Chinese company.

Now I will start teaching online 'direct' with new Chinese students. They will pay for the lessons by sending money using WeChat to my personal bank account with Bank of China, and I'll then withdraw the money in Myanmar using the UnionPay debit card that the bank will provide to me when I open this bank account.

Bank of China has confirmed that I must travel to one of their branches in China to open the bank account. From my location in Myanmar (Naypyitaw), there is only 1 direct international flight to China, which goes to Kunming.

So I need to visit Kunming for just one day to visit Bank of China, open the bank account and then fly back to Myanmar.

Do I need a visa to fly to Kunming? I know that there is a 72 hour transit visa available, but that only applies if I return to a third country, not the country where I flew out from.
Sep 24, 2018 19:11
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Dec 25, 2013
  • Status: Offline
As i know,
you need to a work visa for open a bank account.
Now the government is very strict with the foreign account opening.
FYI . you can call bank of China before you come.
You can reach back of China with the below number
+86 95566
Post a Reply to: Do I need a visa to travel to Kunming only to open a bank account?
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code