Obtaining a Z-visa and work permit in China with a Criminal record?!
Sep 22, 2018 17:36
guest79135 Hello everyone!
Teaching abroad is something that has been on my mind for a very long time. The whole experience of moving away from home and experiencing a completely new culture excites me. I have recently been offered a job to teach Spanish and English in Chengdu, China. In order to be able to do so, and receive the adequate visa I have been asked to provide a non-criminal record check. Unfortunately, about two years back I was charged with assault.

I know that many of you will just immediately point fingers and assume that I am a bad person. We have all made a mistake at least once in our lifetime and luckily for some nothing bad came out of it. In my case this is the story:

A few of my friends and my cousin went out to a bar, we were all having a good time. On our way back I see my cousin being surrounded by a group of 4 individuals. I see pushing and shoving, one thing led to another and I had to jump in. I ended up hitting this guy causing him a minor laceration on the left side of his head.

A couple of weeks had gone by and I had completely forgotten about the whole situation. Next thing I know I receive a call from the police asking me to come into the station for questioning. I have never been into any trouble before so I had no clue how to react to the whole situation. Once in the interview, I said that I had hit this individual due to the confrontation with my cousin. I had to go to court and was charged with assault. Had to pay a £250 fine and complete over 150 hours of community service ( in the UK). This all happened when I was doing my second year of university studying Film and Television which I eventually completed and managed to graduate.

I have applied for a criminal record certificate which I am still waiting for in order for it to be authenticated in the Chinese embassy. Anyway, my question is has anyone been in a situation similar to mine? Will I be able to receive a working visa and permit regardless of my criminal record? Will any school in China accept me? Or just simply what is your overall opinion about the matter? I have not yet told the school anything about this as I am hoping that A) nothing comes up on the background check and B) the embassy tuner a blind eye to it and grants me a visa. After reading many threads I have not been able to receive any solid information. So, please if anyone could share their thoughts and enlighten me on how to approach this problem would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Oct 16, 2018 18:46
GUEST01183 call china visa office in Chamblee at 678-665-8472
Nov 5, 2018 22:34
  • SABRINA_666
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Nov 5, 2018
  • Status: Offline
As long as you can't provide a no criminal records, no one can help you apply the work visa. Actually, it's not your school's desicion. Because the visa application is through SAFEA (State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs), they will deline the school's application.
If you have any other visa questions, you can add my wechat:19984761635. I will try my best to help you understand China visa policies.
Nov 6, 2018 04:37
GUEST22653 IF you need some help with the Chinese ZVisa.
We can help you with a degree and
notary and embassy legal
Certificate of Notarial Authority” + Authentication with embassy legalization
1. Document Notarization: Included
2. Secretary of State Authentication: Included
3. US Department of State Authentication: Included
4. Embassy Legalization: Included

WhatApp +420 775 602 654
Jun 9, 2020 03:23
GUEST61248 hi i was interested in your service. can you contact me my phone number is 13584395458. thank you
Post a Reply to: Obtaining a Z-visa and work permit in China with a Criminal record?!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code