Menu
New life in Kunming
Aug 1, 2005 08:25
  • STEPHENUSA
I will be traveling to Kunming next week...

I currently live in Huntington Beach, Los Angeles County, California, USA. [Surf City] but time to move.

I have traveled to China 4 times in the last two years. For myself, I believe KUNMING and surrounding cities is the best area in China to visit, study and possibly live... not sure about the work.

For starters... I will take extended vacation, learn Mandarin, and maybe teach English in Yunnan province for six months.

What are some recommendations for apartment / hostel / flat for extended stay...

What is the work situation... Jobs... ESL, TEFL...

Any recommendations

Aug 1, 2005 20:00
  • KYLE
Hey man,

I am also travelling to Kunming very soon. I've heard so many good things about Kunming, its good to know you agree. I've been looking into the city itself a lot. For a guesthouse it seems "The hump" is a good place to go. I guess from there you can get any other information you want. Look at my posts for any other information.

Good luck and maybe see you soon,

Kyle
Aug 2, 2005 21:01
  • STEPHENUSA
Kyle,
There are hostles and guest houses... what is 'the hump' and where is it located?

Are traveling? if so how long? and what ate your plans in Kunming...

For my self, I will stay for 3 weeks then decide where to stay, study mandarin and possibly teach TEFL or ESL.

I think Kunming will be a gold mine for real estate... best weather, natural surroundings not far from Macao, GuangZHou and Hong Kong.

When do you arrive in town.
Post a Reply to: New life in Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code