Menu
Sad to ask, but is China still safe for Americans with Trump in office?
Jan 14, 2019 22:14
  • GRIZ326
Sad to ask, but is China still safe for Americans with Trump in office?

It's been almost 11 years since my last China trip. Money and health kept me from visiting. My wife still visits every year. China is my favorite place next to my cabin in Montana so I'm eager to return. However, a number of people have warned that I might find conditions on the ground unfriendly because I am an American.

The Chinese people I know and love are fiercely loyal to their country but it has never caused problems between us. Have attitudes changed because of Donald Trump? What are the chances that I have problems because of Trump's tough talk on China?

I'll probably fly through Beijing on the way to Nanning.
I wouldn't expect any problems while I'm with my wife and really doubt there'd be any trouble based on my previous experiences on trips since '78.
Jan 15, 2019 18:04
GUESTROCKY You've thought too much. China is still safe or more safer than previous years for foreigners, including guys from the US like you. Common Chinese people won't transfer anger to common US citizens.

Welcome! I believe you'll be surprised by the incredible changes of the country.
Jan 15, 2019 21:34
  • GRIZ326
I figured that was and is the case, GuestRocky. But best to see what people presently think about it rather than to assume my old knowledge to be accurate.

Jan 16, 2019 16:59
GUEST04240 No offense, but he manages the country like doing business. Rest assure, you'll be safe in China cuz you haven't do wrong.
Jan 25, 2019 01:13
Safe, you don't need to worry about that for tourism. For my personal, i don't like the USA gormenment in many aspect, but i like the people from USA, i think most people are kind and nice in all the world.
Feb 5, 2019 23:08
  • GRIZ326
In all of my previous trips, only one person was hostile toward me. Of course I encountered scammers but I was never really taken for much more than a couple of dollars. A few times I found myself in situations were I might have been robbed had I ignored my discomfort; but I'll never know that for certain.

IMO, all of Europe and North & South America are more dangerous than China. The USA can be very dangerous unless you stay on your toes.
Mar 13, 2019 15:33
GUEST07125 Thank you for that- I am not american, but still appreciate your comment!
Post a Reply to: Sad to ask, but is China still safe for Americans with Trump in office?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code