Expiring Chinese Travel Document
Jan 18, 2019 01:08
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jan 18, 2019
  • Status: offline
Hi all,

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

My son has a Chinese Travel Document and I believe that it is valid for 2 years (I don't believe there's an expiry date on the document).

It was applied for and received in the UK. However, we now live in China and it is not possible to return to the UK before it expires in 2-3 months (if it is indeed valid for 2 years).

Must this be renewed in the UK or are there other options in China or outside of Mainland China such as Hong Kong, Japan or South Korea?

Finally, I did read somewhere that it may be possible to:
*apply for an exit pass at the local exit and entry administration. Then, once back in the UK apply for a new Chinese Travel Document.* Does anyone have experience of this?

Many thanks,
Post a Reply to: Expiring Chinese Travel Document
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code