Bringing spouse to China on Z visa
Jan 21, 2019 10:37
guest26108 I was wondering whether anyone could clarify as I have received conflicting advice.

I want to move to China from the UK and have accepted a job as a TEFL teacher. I am in the process of legalizing documents for my Z visa and upon arrival will obtain the residence permit. I am married in the UK and wish to take my wife with me when I depart for China. She will not be working and she will be dependent on me.

I understand you can obtain an S visa, however to apply for this I would need to leave my wife behind and go to China, apply for the residence permit then invite her. Not ideal when the whole process can take a few weeks.

Is there another way where I can bring her along legally? If we get our marriage certificate legalised, can she enter on a tourist visa and then we apply for a residence permit for her? What proof would I need and would I need to get a copy of a criminal records check for her? Please help as I have not managed to find a definitive answer.
Post a Reply to: Bringing spouse to China on Z visa
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code