Menu
Appropriate travel document for my 1-year old to China (Chinese mother, non-Chinese father)
Mar 10, 2019 01:11
  • MARIO84
Hi, I have British and Italian nationalities. My son, 1 year old, holds the same both. My wife is Chinese and she has been in the UK for the past 3 years, so she doesn't have yet a British ILR. We are planning to travel to China in May to visit in-laws, and I am wondering what is the appropriate travel document. I thought my son would need a visa on his British passport like me, but, after searching online, it seems that this is not possible because he is considered a Chinese citizen, being born by Chinese mother that does not have settled status abroad. Can somebody please help here? Should I apply for a normal visa for him, or a Chinese Travel Document, as suggested online?
Mar 10, 2019 22:47
GUESTAMY In your case, as your son has British and Italian nationalities, you can try to apply for a normal visa for him, not a Chinese Travel Document. If you are worried, you can contact the visa office to confirm before you do that.
Post a Reply to: Appropriate travel document for my 1-year old to China (Chinese mother, non-Chinese father)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code