Menu
Do you think your last tour destination is overcrowded?
Apr 2, 2019 01:44
  • CHARLOTT
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 11 vote(s)
  2. 17 vote(s)
  3. 6 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
According to the 2019 ITB Berlin — the world’s leading travel trade show, there were more than 1.4 billion cross-border tourists worldwide in 2018, up 5.5 percent compared with the previous year and reached a record high. Though the tourism industry is booming, the problem about overtourism is also obvious.

Overtourism refers to the excessive number of tourists crushing into a popular tourist destination or scenic spot, which results the destruction to local environment and historical relics and affect residents’ life quality badly. Meanwhile, it brings terrible tour experience to travelers. This is one of the most important problems in global tourism development. At present, there are several ways to solve the problem. First, increase the tickets price of scenic spots. For instance, Venice in Italy will charge 3 euro entrance fee since May, 2019. Second, limit the daily numbers of the visitors, like the Forbidden City in Beijing, China.

Besides improving the management of scenic areas, tourists can also avoid the peak seasons to travel to those hot attractions. What is your opinion about overtourism? Do you think your last tour destination is overcrowded?
Apr 19, 2019 03:45
GUEST14044 My last tourist trip was to Egypt
I know it’s normal there, but I found Cairo too busy and bustling...
I didn’t go for Cairo though, and the trip down the Nile was magical.
I’ve been to a few countries, lived in a few along the way, but Egypt will always be special to me.
Post a Reply to: Do you think your last tour destination is overcrowded?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code